[freetds] go on with problem compiling freetds-0.64

giorgia spinola gispi2003 at yahoo.it
Fri Jul 21 10:35:19 EDT 2006

  I set the environment variable LDFLAGS as you told me but when the ./config command start (with no options) i got the following error:

  checking for gcc... gcc
  checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler
  cannot create executables
  See `config.log' for more details.

  I think it's because i don't have the dynamic-gcc-4.0.0 library, is it possible? And the question is: where i can find it?

  Thanks

  Usually you can use configure script with a command like

LDFLAGS="-bdynamic" ./configure

I don't know however if this works with AIX shell...

If this doesn't work as expected try

setenv LDFLAGS -bdynamic
./configure

bye