[freetds] problem compiling freetds-0.64

giorgia spinola gispi2003 at yahoo.it
Thu Jul 20 03:56:54 EDT 2006

yes, is an AIX machine and the make command cause the error. where do i have to add the -bdynamic option to try if in that way it works?

  Giorgia

"ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio at vodafone.com> ha scritto:

> After downloading and expanding the freetds-stable.tar
> file, i run the ./configure --with-unixodbc command and start
> make but the following error comes out:
>
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .tdsdump_open
> ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to
> obtain more information.
> collect2: ld returned 8 exit status
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.
>
> What can i do to solve the problem?
>
> Thank you
>
> Giorgia

Ciao,
which system are you using? I suspect AIX...

I googled around and I find a lot of people having similar problems but
the only solutions seem
http://blog.firetree.net/2005/07/21/static-linking-on-aix/ and
http://www.lam-mpi.org/MailArchives/lam/2005/02/9891.php thread. Could
you post some additional output, I'm unable to understand which command
cause the problem.

bye