[freetds] [Store Procedure Names] roll-over problem

Wolfgang Gruen wgruen at caci.com
Fri Jul 14 11:27:23 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am running into the case where the connections starts to create
duplicate store procedure names. This happens when we roll over in method
tds_get_dynid() in query.c. Please check out this line, which causes the
roll-over:

inc_num = (inc_num + 1) & 0xffff

I am researching different random string/character generators and was
wondering whether somebody has already a better generator/solution
available.

A workaround could be to free a statements at the time of roll-over, but
this may be time consuming and not be in synch with the application.

I appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks!
Wolfgang