[freetds] segmentation fault when null field encountered

Adam Perks adamperks81 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 01:43:44 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I have FreeTDS working on two machines: and i386 and an x64 both running Fedora Core 4 32bit and 64bit versions respectively.  The i386 machine works fine, however the x64 crashes when a null result is returned with $whatever = odbc_result($result, 1);

Both PCs are set up the same, and I installed the FC4 FreeTDS packages in the same way.  isql & tsql also work perfectly with both and I have configured the FreeTDS configuration & unixODBC configurations the same.  The necessary PHP modules have also been installed and configured correctly.

Does this seem like a problem relating the 64bit FC4 package or something else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated- I have spent three days trying to get this to work!