[freetds] Access Sybase by using unixODBC & freetds?

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Tue Sep 28 11:30:31 EDT 2004

Jun,

Re-reading this thread, it's clear your freetds.conf must be OK, because
you can connect with "tsql -S".  Therefore, the problem likely lies with
your odbc.ini.

The odbc.ini section you quoted looks OK to me.  Do unixODBC and FreeTDS
use the same PREFIX option (are they installed in the same tree)?

I would set TDSDUMP and TDSDUMPCONFIG, and see if your freetds.conf is
actually being used when you start isql.  If the output doesn't make the
problem apparent, post it here.