[freetds] FreeTDS and date format

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Tue Sep 28 10:39:58 EDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Julien Ojéda
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 4:41 AM

I've a problem with the date format and freeTDS.
I'm french so the format I want to use is dd/mm/yyyy but FreeTDS always send
date to the MS-SQL Server interpreted in the english format mm/dd/yyyy. So
when I want to record 14/11/2004 it fails.
I add french [fr_FR] and date format = %d %b  %Y %H:%M in locales.conf and I
used setlocale(LC_TIME,'fr_FR'); in my scripts but It still doesn't work.
-----End Original Message-----

The locales.conf entry controls how FreeTDS presents an 8-byte date structure as a string.

To control how SQL Server interprets date strings, see "SET DATEFORMAT" in its documentation.

HTH.