[freetds] FreeTDS port to OS/2

lsunley at mb.sympatico.ca lsunley at mb.sympatico.ca
Sat Sep 25 11:27:10 EDT 2004

Hi all,

My name is Lorne Sunley

I'm currently doing a port of the FreeTDS ODBC driver to OS/2. I started
with the 0.62.4 tarball and aside from a problem with the iconv code in
the OS/2 version of GCC 3.2.2 the program works OK.

The GCC 3.2.2 on OS/2 iconv caused crashes in the program, so I used the
iconv.c in replacements.

I have the ODBC driver talking to a SQL Server v7 box using the 7.0
protocol.

One of the things I would like to do for this port is to remove the .conf
file requirements for the configuration. I think I can do this (for the
ODBC driver at least) by reading the conf data from the ODBCINST.INI file
and/or the ODBC.INI file. Can anyone see a problem with that? I plan to
wrap the changes in ifdef's so it would be a build time option.

I will be doing the work with the latest code from the CVS server.

lsunley at mb.sympatico.ca