[freetds] Freetds 0.62.4 on Solaris 8

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Fri Sep 24 10:56:25 EDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Taylor
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 9:41 AM

Having problems when running make.

Getting the following error:-

/bin/bash ../../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2   -o tsql  tsql.o
-lncurses
-lreadline ../tds/libtds.la -lnsl -lsocket
gcc -g -O2 -o .libs/tsql tsql.o  -lncurses -lreadline
../tds/.libs/libtds.so
-lnsl -lsocket -R/usr/local/lib
tds_set_interfaces_file_loc         tsql.o
tds_submit_query                    tsql.o
tds_process_result_tokens           tsql.o
tds_client_msg                      tsql.o
tds_alloc_login                     tsql.o
-----End Original Message-----

What do you get for the following?

$ nm src/tds/.libs/libtds.so |grep tds_alloc_login
000061fc T tds_alloc_login

If nothing, what does "nm src/tds/.libs/libtds.so" show?

If libtds has no tds symbols, the problem lies further back in the make
log, where the library is constructed.

HTH.