[freetds] Large image transfers with freebcp?

David Lambert dlambert at lambsys.com
Fri Sep 17 23:30:01 EDT 2004

I am having problems using freebcp when transferring large images. If I
use character format the program exits with a segmentation fault. Using
the following format statement, I get:

Msg 20049, Level 4
Data-conversion resulted in overflow.

The format file is:

6.0
1
1 SYBIMAGE 0 100000    "\t"    5    snap_data

Using gdb on freebcp. The dbconvert routine is entered as follows:

dbconvert (dbproc=0x9c881e8, srctype=34, src=0x9cbe698 "ÿØÿà", srclen=4096,
   desttype=34, dest=0x9caa998 "", destlen=255) at dblib.c:1673

This seems to indicate that the program thinks that the destination
length  (255?) is shorter than the source length (4096).

Am I completely off the mark here? I am a newcomer to freeTDS, so please
forgive my naive conclusions.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,

Dave Lambert