[freetds] Access Sybase by using unixODBC & freetds?

jun_chen at bankone.com jun_chen at bankone.com
Thu Sep 9 13:52:55 EDT 2004

Hi jkl,

I did use freetds.conf and the [dataserver] name did matches the name of
the
database I wish to use and still doesn't work.

Any more idea?

Thanks.

Jun

Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:21:52 -0400
From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK at bernstein.com>
Subject: RE: [freetds] Access Sybase by using unixODBC & freetds?
To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds at lists.ibiblio.org>

http://www.freetds.org/userguide/freetdsconf.htm#FTN.AEN763

You will not be able to connect to an ASA server unless you use the
freetds.conf file, and the [dataserver] name matches the name of the
database you wish to use.

HTH.

--jkl

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.