[freetds] FreeTDS under cygwin - connections 'hang'?

Justin Schoeman justin at expertron.co.za
Fri Sep 3 07:06:24 EDT 2004

Hi all, I don't know if this is a FreeTDS, or Cygwin problem, but I
thought I would try here first (well, the problem does manifest itself
in the FreeTDS library ;-) ).

When my application is running, it makes multiple connections to the SQL
server, one after the other.  If the connections occur at a relatively
low rate, then everything works fine, however, if the connection request
occur very fast, then the program hangs in dbopen.  No network
connection request is issued.

Does anybody have any idea what is going on, or where I should start
looking for problems?

The same program works perfectly under Linux.

TIA,
-justin