[freetds] On SQLPrepare -> SQLNumResultCols -> SQLExecutefunction sequence

Michael Kochetkov Michael.Kochetkov at synartra.com
Wed Sep 1 15:08:35 EDT 2004

> Il mer, 2004-09-01 alle 20:05, Michael Kochetkov ha scritto:
> > Hello,
> > I have the following problem with FreeTDS 0.62 and 0.63:
> the library I use
> > calls SQLNumResultCols after SQLPrepare (before SQLExecute).
> > SQLNumResultCols returns SQL_SUCCESS, but the number of
> result columns is
> > set to 0. SQLNumResultCols returns the correct number of
> columns in the
> > Windows platform.
> > The problem was discussed here a little bit earlier:
> >
> http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/freetds/2004q2/016335.html.
 I have read
> > it as it shall work for 0.63. But it does not.
> > Here goes the question: do you plan to support the SQLPrepare ->
> > SQLNumResultCols -> SQLExecute function sequence? And if you do then
what
> > are approximate time constraints?
[...]
> 0.63 should work (see prepare_results tests)...
Sorry, I am newbie here. Where I can find FreeTDS regression logs?

> Which statement are you trying to prepare?

The statement is "exec sp_columns 'T0007'". T0007 is the test table. The
correct answer for SQLNumResultCols is 19. I get it as expected on my
Windows box. The test code, MS SQL Server and the table are the same for
Unix and Windows client test programs.

-
Michael Kochetkov.