[freetds] SQLBindParameter incorrectly binds as varchar

Brad Midgley bmidgley at xmission.com
Mon Aug 30 22:35:34 EDT 2004

Frediano

>>But rather than being bound as an integer, it's bound as a varchar and
>>chokes when the query is executed.
>
> Perhaps openldap bound again this parameter later ?? Can you post
> unixODBC log ??

You may be right. Even after reading openldap's back-sql backend it is
hard to imagine exactly what is happening.

I didn't know there was something out there to turn on logging. How do I
get logging? Do I use an API command to turn it on, recompile freetds
with an option, recompile unixodbc with a debug option, or something
like that?

> It seems that some Sybase prepare stuff require SQLDescribeParam and
> related (still not supported).

I haven't heard of this problem.

In the meantime I've changed openldap to insert "convert(integer,?)"
wherever it tries to bind an integer parameter. But now I have to use a
grossly hacked openldap server to get it all to work.

--
Brad