[freetds] Re: Japanese character support

Daniel Fazekas fdsubs at axelero.hu
Fri Aug 27 18:35:50 EDT 2004

On Aug 27, 2004, at 10:13, Nair, Anup (ODC - Satyam) wrote:

>> I need to know whether freeTDS library support Japanese charactor code
>> and whether somebody has successfully used it in Japanese environment.

FreeTDS supports any encoding your operating system's iconv library
does, if the SQL server you are using supports it. (See iconv -l)

Make sure you set the TDS version to the highest as supported by your
SQL server version, for example 8.0 for SQL Server 2000. You could
conveniently use utf-8 to cover any language.

See James' excellent documentation at:
http://www.freetds.org/userguide/aboutunicode.htm
http://www.freetds.org/userguide/nonwestern.htm

--