[freetds] Re: PHP & FreeTDS

Walls Rob W Contr 75 CS/SCBS Rob.Walls at HILL.af.mil
Fri Aug 27 15:01:25 EDT 2004

Hey, that works! Phew!
Thanks,
rww

-----Original Message-----
From: freetds-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:freetds-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Daniel Fazekas
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 5:12 PM
To: FreeTDS Development Group
Subject: Re: [freetds] Re: PHP & FreeTDS

On Aug 25, 2004, at 20:29, Walls Rob W Contr 75 CS/SCBS wrote:

> I changed the single quote to double (duh, right!?!), but that didn't
> change the problem. I still don't know if this is an issue with the
> connect string, or the DSN, or something else?

What I was suggesting you to try is dropping that lengthy "DSN-less"
string and using a plain data source name as defined in odbc.ini instead. So
no DRIVER=,SERVERNAME= and all that mess, equation marks, semicolons, etc.
Just simply as I wrote:

> $conn = odbc_connect('TheOdbcIniDataSourceName', 'username',
> 'password');

This definitely worked for me this way when I still had a MSSQL Server
running. I don't have any right now, which is why I can't really experiment
with whether your way of specifying things should work.

I'm rather inexperienced with ODBC, as I never had any reason for using it
instead of the native interfaces, so I can't really help beyond this. I'm
aware that PARAM=value;PARAM=value syntax should be valid for ODBC and
that's the way to get a odbc.ini-less (and freetds.conf-less) "DSN-less"
setup going, but it certainly seemed a lot easier to just use the
configuration files as intended. It's easier to make things work when you
keep it simple. :)

If you are still hopelessly lost, it's time to try enabling freetds'
logging facilities to see what's happening in the background.

--
fds