[freetds] Re: PHP & FreeTDS

Daniel Fazekas fdsubs at axelero.hu
Wed Aug 25 19:11:48 EDT 2004

On Aug 25, 2004, at 20:29, Walls Rob W Contr 75 CS/SCBS wrote:

> I changed the single quote to double (duh, right!?!), but that didn't
> change
> the problem. I still don't know if this is an issue with the connect
> string,
> or the DSN, or something else?

What I was suggesting you to try is dropping that lengthy "DSN-less"
string and using a plain data source name as defined in odbc.ini
instead. So no DRIVER=,SERVERNAME= and all that mess, equation marks,
semicolons, etc. Just simply as I wrote:

> $conn = odbc_connect('TheOdbcIniDataSourceName', 'username',
> 'password');

This definitely worked for me this way when I still had a MSSQL Server
running. I don't have any right now, which is why I can't really
experiment with whether your way of specifying things should work.

I'm rather inexperienced with ODBC, as I never had any reason for using
it instead of the native interfaces, so I can't really help beyond
this. I'm aware that PARAM=value;PARAM=value syntax should be valid for
ODBC and that's the way to get a odbc.ini-less (and freetds.conf-less)
"DSN-less" setup going, but it certainly seemed a lot easier to just
use the configuration files as intended. It's easier to make things
work when you keep it simple. :)

If you are still hopelessly lost, it's time to try enabling freetds'
logging facilities to see what's happening in the background.

--
fds