[freetds] Re: PHP & FreeTDS

Drange, Bernt Andreas bernt.andreas.drange at imr.no
Wed Aug 25 03:00:52 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 02:22, Daniel Fazekas wrote:
> On Aug 25, 2004, at 1:09, Walls Rob W Contr 75 CS/SCBS wrote:

> > PHP finds an odbc.ini file in /etc/php.d/ which loads
> > /usr/lib/php4/odbc.so
>
> That sounds odd. PHP does not look for or use a file called odbc.ini in
> order to load its shared extensions. odbc.so is probably loaded from
> your php.ini instead, which is in /etc/php.ini on Red Hat by default.

Actually, that's normal. In redhat and fedora you do have a /etc/php.d/
with several ini-files, that load the different shared extensions. I
suppose it makes it easier for the rpms to install new extensions, they
only need to drop a file in /etc/php.d/ instead of editing (or requiring
you to edit) /etc/php.ini/

[berntd at bender]~% ls /etc/php.d
imap.ini  ldap.ini  mbstring.ini  mysql.ini  odbc.ini  pgsql.ini

You also have /etc/httpd/conf.d/:

[berntd at bender]~% ls /etc/httpd/conf.d
auth_ldap.conf   awstats.conf  php.conf     squirrelmail.conf
welcome.conf     htdig.conf    ssl.conf
auth_mysql.conf  mailman.conf  python.conf  subversion.conf
auth_pgsql.conf  mrtg.conf     README       webalizer.conf

You might say I learnt this the hard way.

Bernt

--
Bernt Andreas Drange
Institute of Marine Research