[freetds] Compile problems with FreeTDS-0.62.4

Jon Foster jon at jfpossibilities.com
Thu Aug 19 14:01:11 EDT 2004

Using the 'freetds.spec' file to build an RPM of freetds I run into a
strange problem. The process bombs with the following error:

RPM build errors:
    File not found by glob: /usr/src/rpm/ROOT/usr/lib/libct.so*
    File not found by glob: /usr/src/rpm/ROOT/usr/lib/libsybdb.so*
    File not found by glob: /usr/src/rpm/ROOT/usr/lib/libtds.so*
    File not found by glob: /usr/src/rpm/ROOT/usr/lib/libtdssrv.so*

So I look in /usr/src/rpm/ROOT/usr/lib and the files appear to be there
except they don't have '.so' extension. Here is the contents of that
directory:

libct        libct.la        libsybdb.a   libtds.3.0.0  libtdssrv.1
libct.2      libsybdb        libsybdb.la  libtds.a      libtdssrv.1.0.0
libct.2.0.0  libsybdb.4      libtds       libtds.la     libtdssrv.a
libct.a      libsybdb.4.0.0  libtds.3     libtdssrv     libtdssrv.la

What happened to the '.so'? How can I get it back?

TIA - Jon

--
Jon Foster
JF Possibilites, LLC