[freetds] MSSQL on AIX 5.1

Frédéric Le Guillou frederic.leguillou at cegedim.fr
Mon Aug 9 07:15:19 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I was reading the forum about MS SQL and AIX 5.1.
I was trying to compile FreeTDS on AIX 5.2, and the same error occurs.

I fix the problem to add "../tds/libtds_objects.la -liconv
../replacements/libreplacements.*" at the end of the line of " bin/sh
../../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2", which preceding the ld error.

In fact, the problem occurs dunring the link of apps, and pool.

In fact, all the symbols needed (tds_connect, ....) are declared in
../tds/libtds_objects.la.

I hope it will be useful for your problem on AIX 5.1

Thanks,
Frédéric