[freetds] Connection Pooling: unixODBC, freeTDS or both ?

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Tue Aug 3 13:54:03 EDT 2004

The FreeTDS pool server is a separate process.  It maintains a pool of client connections to the real server, while emulating a server to clients that share its pool.

It's unrelated to unixODBC connection pooling, with which I have no experience.

http://www.freetds.org/userguide/tdspool.htm
http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/conn_pool.html