[freetds] Exececute procedure returns errors

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Tue Jul 27 16:14:09 EDT 2004

If I understand your log correctly, no amount of SQL changes will solve
the problem, because it doesn't lie in the server.  The "Attempt to
initiate a new SQL Server operation with results pending" message is
issued by FreeTDS when the application tries to start something new
before fetching/cancelling all the results of an outstanding query.

>     I did not use any command-line switches with the logging
> process. I
> added the export=... directive to /etc/profile, and source'd
> the file,
> restarted my AstaIO server etc.

In that case, the log reflects several threads (probably) sharing a
single session.  Without some kind of synchronization, that's a race
condition waiting to fail.

>     Thanks again.

You're welcome.  :-)