[freetds] call a stored procedure and tds_submit_query

Thompson, Bill D (London) bill_d_thompson at ml.com
Fri Jul 23 06:07:20 EDT 2004

Hi Fabrizio,

Yes you can do this - you would just construct a statement "exec sp_myproc
@parameter = 'value'" and submit it as you would a "select * from mytable"
or "update mytable set column = 'value'" statement.
If the stored procedure returns a result set, then it can be processed just
as if it were the result set from a "select * from mytable" statement.

The only proviso is with stored procedure OUTPUT parameters.
If you are talking to sql server 2000 sp3, then these will not be returned
to the client.

HTH,

Bill