[freetds] Freepascal with FreeTDS/UnixODBC The saga continues

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT Frediano.Ziglio at vodafone.com
Fri Jul 23 03:57:41 EDT 2004

> *This message was transferred with a trial version of
> CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
> Once again, more exhaustive searching solved it.  In this case, the
> assertion was tripped by freepascal.
>
> It needed {$LINKLIB "c"} as the first line of the program code   (I'm
> posting this so future folks might find it in the archives)
>
> --Scott
>
> PS.  Sorry for all the mails

Don't mind for all mails. However I suspect some type of memory/heap
corruption somewhere. You are the first who it's trying FreeTDS with
FreePascal and the first that had these strange problems... Linux it's a
well tested platform and FreeTDS it's tested against some memory
debugger (I test sometimes with ElectricFence, someone else use
dmalloc). There are some places to look. For example how did you
interface FreePascal with unixODBC ?? There is a module for unixODBC ?