[freetds] Freepascal with FreeTDS/UnixODBC

James K. Lowden jklowden at schemamania.org
Mon Jul 19 23:40:28 EDT 2004

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 <scomps at purplewire.org> wrote:

> I've managed to get FreeTDS and UnixODBC working together talking nicely
> with my SQL Server 2000.

Welcome, Scott.

> testodbc: iconv.c:411: tds_iconv_info_init: Assertion
> `char_conv->to_wire == (iconv_t) - 1' failed.

Could you show us the whole TDSDUMP log?  It's probably not very long, and
it would show us how you got to that point (and what version you're
using).

> I realize this is most likely an issue with FreePascal

Maybe.  I'm not so sure.

> what I'm really wondering is if anyone has successfully gotten this
> combination to work properly

Until today, I never heard of FreePascal.

> Is there a list of the ./configuration options for FreeTDS that can be
> turned on/off etc.

Yepper, there is.  Just do "./configure --help".  (This is mentioned and
explained at http://www.freetds.org/userguide/config.htm.)