[freetds] Freepascal with FreeTDS/UnixODBC

Scott Johnson scomps at purplewire.org
Mon Jul 19 22:45:26 EDT 2004

I have two questions that hopefully somebody can answer:

I've managed to get FreeTDS and UnixODBC working together talking nicely with my SQL Server 2000.

Where my problem comes in, is that I'm attempting to use FreePascal's ODBC unit which supposedly is able to use UnixODBC.  All goes good until it tries to issue:

Res:=SQLConnect(DBHandle,PSQLCHAR(DBDSN),SQL_NTS,
                        PSQLChar(UserName),SQL_NTS,
                        PSQLCHAR(Password),SQL_NTS);

Once that command is issued, I get an assertion from iconv.c

testodbc: iconv.c:411: tds_iconv_info_init: Assertion `char_conv->to_wire == (iconv_t) - 1' failed.

I realize this is most likely an issue with FreePascal, and what I'm really wondering is if anyone has successfully gotten this combination to work properly, and if so would they be willing to share some sample code as the documentation is pretty sparse all the way around.

The second question is pretty easy I'm sure.  Is there a list of the ./configuration options for FreeTDS that can be turned on/off etc.  I've dug around in the docs and it's possible I've overlooked it, but short of digging through the ./configure file etc I haven't found anything of value.

Thanks in advance, and to the development team; thanks for an extremely cool project.

Regards,

Scott Johnson