[freetds] SO_LINGER options and l_linger value

James K. Lowden jklowden at schemamania.org
Sun Jul 18 15:15:55 EDT 2004

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 <freddyz77 at tin.it> wrote:

> SO_LINGER code removed from CVS.

Thanks.  :-)

> I'm not convinced about SO_KEEPALIVE.  If client have to receive a lot
> of data and wire got unplugged it keeps waiting.

I'll look at it again when I get to the timeout code.

AIUI, what's supposed to happen is that select(2) returns 0 on a timeout.
By default, a TDS connection has no timeout, so a reading client waits
forever.  But, we can allow the client to set a query timeout (dbsettime).
 The select(2) in read.c::goodread() should honor that timeout.