[freetds] status of SQL_ATTR_ROW_BIND_TYPE?

Frediano Ziglio freddyz77 at tin.it
Fri Jul 16 13:18:03 EDT 2004

Il ven, 2004-07-16 alle 14:04, Daly, Fergal ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get some ODBC code working. The code needs to pull back
> multiple rows at a time. Looking back through the archives I found a patch
> to allow column-wise binding. Was this integrated? Is row-wise binding
> possible or will be it possible in the near future?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fergal

I don't remember exactly the patch... perhaps you are speaking about
patch to remove warning... It's not so difficult to implement that
change however it's not so easy at it seems. For this reason we
implement it not allowing more than one row at a time. Your application
have to support this case (or your application it's not
ODBC-compliant... refer to specifications if you don't believe it...)

Why not so easy?
- you have to fill status_ptr for all rows
- if you encounter an error after some rows you have to return
SUCCESS_WITH_INFO and not SQL_ERROR and still fill status_ptr according
- if you do not bind all columns you have to stop at first row (perhaps
there are some exeptions using cursors...)