[freetds] Unable to run the ' make' process for freeTDS.

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Fri Jul 16 11:13:29 EDT 2004

In each of these files:

src/ctlib/Makefile
src/dblib/Makefile
src/odbc/Makefile

look for a line with "-export-symbols-regex" on it.  That is what causes the symbols to be removed.    Delete "-export-symbols-regex" and anything after it (to end-of-line).  Leave the beginning of the line in place.

$ make clean; make; make install

> As this code is free but  still is there any licence issue
> which I have to take care of?

That depends on your situation.  If you are redistributing FreeTDS, there are terms in the LGPL that apply to you.  If you're just working within your firm or for a client, no.

If your question applies to these Makefile changes, please don't worry.   First of all, you're helping the project by using FreeTDS in a new environment.  Second, the copyright notice at the top of the Makefiles give you explicit permission to modify them.

HTH and regards,

--jkl