[freetds] A little help please!

Clarson, Matthew (Dublin) matthew_clarson at ml.com
Fri Jul 16 07:44:14 EDT 2004

Hi,
I am can connect to my database using ./tsql -H hostname -p port - U username
and do queiries etc.

However when I try to use the freetds.conf file which has an entry like this (connecting to sybase 11.5)
[ServerName]
        host = XXXXX
        port = 4000
        tds version = 5.0

./tsql -S ServerName -U XXXX -I ~/.freetds.conf

It asks for the password and I get the unhelpful error message
"There was a problem connecting to the server" and nothing else.

Similarly if I don't specify the exact location of the freetds.conf

Many Thanks in advance,

Matthew

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/