[freetds] FreeTDS on Windows

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Thu Jul 15 14:01:26 EDT 2004

If I may ask, why was that?

> I set the FREETDSCONFIG variable to C:\Windows\freetds.conf
> Where should I put locales.conf and is there an environment variable I
> can set to tell the OS where it is.

Looking at include/tds_configs.h, locales.conf seems not to follow FREETDSCONFIG.  It will be in SYSCONFDIR.  In Win32, according to win32/freetds_sysconfdir.h, SYSCONFDIR is "C:".  I think that means locales.conf will be looked for in the current working directory when you start your application.  :-/

> Also, anyone know the windows equivalent of getting the current
> charset/language as you do in UNIX/Linux (e.g. setlocale)

Cf. "National Language Support Functions", particularly GetLocaleInfo().  I haven't used these functions, but that looks like a good place to start.

HTH.