[freetds] Unable to run the ' make' process for freeTDS.

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Wed Jul 14 13:10:06 EDT 2004

You may be suffering from restrictions to the list of symbols being exported by libtds.  Try something like this:

$ make clean
$ for T in src/*/Makefile
  do
        sed 's/-export-symbols-regex.*$//' $T \
		| diff -u $T - \
		| patch
  done
$ make; make install

The "sed" command will remove the restriction, causing libtds to export the names of the libc (and other) functions it uses.  I'm assuming you have GNU diff and patch.  If not, you'll need to edit the Makefiles manually.

[I would like to see this symbol list optimization removed, or applied only to systems whose linker is known (by autoconf) to support it.  I still don't understand why we're bothering with export-symbols-regex.]