[freetds] Same Connection 2 Different Connection Requests

Felmey, Jonathan JFelmey at progeny.net
Tue Jul 13 13:49:38 EDT 2004

I have an application built with Servlets/JSP/Struts/Tomcat/FreeTDS 7.0.
My problem comes about when I have 2 concurrent sessions of a Servlet.
Each instance of the servlet gets a connection from the connection pool.
Sometimes the connection returned is the same as the one the other
instance has.  This causes a problem when one instance closes its
connection, if it's the same one as the other instance, that servlet
can't continue because its connection is closed.  Could this possibly be
a problem caused by freetds?  We have exhausted all other causes.

Thanks,

Jon