[freetds] Mac OS X source build

James K. Lowden jklowden at schemamania.org
Fri Jul 9 17:44:39 EDT 2004

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 13:13:36 -0500, "Mark J. Lilback" <mark at lilback.com>
wrote:
> I remember reading messages that builds work correctly, but is that
> for tarballs or when code is checked out of cvs?
>
> Building out of cvs gives a lot of errors, no matter what versions of
> the tools I use (currently working with libtool-1.5.6, autoconf-2.57,
> automake-1.7.9).

Here's what's used to build the nightly snapshot and distribution
tarballs:

$ (autoconf --version; automake --version; libtool --version) |grep GNU
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.57
automake (GNU automake) 1.7.3
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.5.6 (1.1220.2.94 2004/04/10 16:27:27)

I think your autoconf may not be set up correctly.  It needs m4 macros
defined by libtool.  Specifically, AM_PROG_LIBTOOL is defined in something
like /usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4, and has to be visible to autoconf.

HTH.  Let me know.