[freetds] Re: MacOSX - the last ??

Patrick van Kleef pkleef at openlinksw.com
Thu Jul 8 09:09:53 EDT 2004

Hi Mike,

> I also was able to build and install freetds-0.63.dev.20040702 along with
> ODBC driver, Mac OS X 10.3.4, Xcode Tools 1.2. Is there a way to use the
> driver (libtdsodbc.so) in Apple's ODBC Administrator application?

If you use the iODBC SDK binaries supplied by Apple, you need to write
your own setup panel.

If you use the iODBC SDK binaries supplied by OpenLink, there is a
generic panel that gets used when there is no driver specific setup
routine registered. This panel is a simple key=value pair editor, so you
can setup any driver with it as long as it documents the keys you need
to fill. The OpenLink branded iODBC SDK can be downloaded from:

     <http://oplweb.openlinksw.com/product/webmatrixsdk.asp>

Note that the panel code is only available in binary form and is
currently not part of the iODBC.org source release. It is scheduled to
be integrated into iODBC in either this coming release or the next.

Best regards,

Patrick
Patrick van Kleef            Email : iodbc at openlinksw.com
Maintainer iODBC             Web   : http://www.iodbc.org
OpenLink Software

Universal Data Access & Data Integration Technology Providers