[freetds] PHP+MSSQL compile on AIX 5.1

James K. Lowden jklowden at schemamania.org
Wed Jun 30 20:35:06 EDT 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Martin Spott wrote:

> Would anyone mind applying the following patch ? I replaces every
> occurrence of
>
>   /**
>
> with
>
>  /*

Respectfully, Martin, no.  We need some other kind of replacement.
Otherwise, we'll have to abandon Doxygen, and I don't want to do that.

First, is this really the problem?  Does you compiler choke on this:

/**
 * foo returns one.
 */
int
foo()
{
    return 1;
}

If that compiles, the problem is more subtle.  In which case I think it
would be better to narrow it down.

If that doesn't compile, we still need another answer.  Doxygen supports
several "special comment" starters: both '/**' and '/*!' are OK with C.
Details:

	http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/docblocks.html

Another choice I'd accept would be to include in the distribution a script
that iterates over the .h and .c files, applying your fix.  People who
need it could apply it.  Given that the above code is and has been legal C
for 25 years, we'd hope that one day all compilers could compile it,
making the patch unnecessary.