[freetds] intermittent empty results

James K. Lowden jklowden at schemamania.org
Mon Jun 28 20:12:49 EDT 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:53:53 EDT, Thompbil18 at aol.com wrote:
> we have no way of knowing of course whether this is a valid return
> status that you might want to retrieve or not, so we do what we do with
> all return status messages - we "manufacture" a result set for the
> return status, and inform ct-library that there is a return status to
> fetch.

David,

"perldoc DBD::Sybase" says:

       You can get the type of the current result set with
       $sth->{syb_result_type}. This returns a numerical value,
       as defined in $SYBASE/include/cspublic.h:

               #define CS_ROW_RESULT           (CS_INT)4040
               #define CS_CURSOR_RESULT        (CS_INT)4041
               #define CS_PARAM_RESULT         (CS_INT)4042
               #define CS_STATUS_RESULT        (CS_INT)4043
               #define CS_MSG_RESULT           (CS_INT)4044
               #define CS_COMPUTE_RESULT       (CS_INT)4045

       In particular, the return status of a stored procedure is
       returned as CS_STATUS_RESULT (4043), and is normally the
       last result set that is returned in a stored proc execu-
       tion.

The script in your original posting doesn't use syb_result_type.  It might
be just what the doctor ordered.  Dr. Bill, that is.