[freetds] MSSQL on AIX 5.1

Daniel Fazekas fdsubs at axelero.hu
Mon Jun 28 19:35:21 EDT 2004

On Jun 28, 2004, at 23:03, Rafi Sheikh wrote:

> If you intend to build the FreeTDS ODBC driver
[...]

...and you don't...

> QUESTION: Does this mean I need an ODBC driver?  I thought I do not
> need one
> (trying to compile PHP --with-mssql (using FreeTDS to connect to
> mssql)).

...so, you don't need it. :)

> The more I read the more I am confused, certainly my lack of
> understanding...any plain english help is deeply appreciated!
>
> Do I need the driver?  If yes, where do I get it?

You certainly are becoming a bit confused. ;)

FreeTDS is the driver itself, or more exactly, one part of FreeTDS is
an ODBC driver for Sybase/MSSQL.
What the documentation talks about as the prerequisite to using the
driver is a *Driver Manager*, such as iODBC or unixODBC.

Anyway, just ignore anything ODBC. You don't need it.

--
fds