[freetds] intermittent empty results

Michael Peppler mpeppler at peppler.org
Mon Jun 28 10:44:44 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 15:36, Thompson, Bill D (London) wrote:
> David,
>
> > my $dbh = DBI->connect($dsn, $USER, $PASSWORD) or die 'connect';
> > my $sth = $dbh->prepare($sql);
> > $sth->execute;
>
> At the moment I'm a *little* sceptical (without any hard and fast evidence
> yet) of the "prepare" functinality within ct-library.

The prepare() in this case (SQL without placeholders) actually only
stores the query internally.

The execute() then sends the query to the server via
ct_command(CS_LANG_CMD) / ct_send().

Running with DBI->trace(3) should illustrate the API calls used.

Michael
mpeppler at peppler.org                       http://www.peppler.org/