[freetds] Fw: ASCII

James K. Lowden jklowden at schemamania.org
Sat Jun 26 12:54:38 EDT 2004

> Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:40:42 +0200
> From: "David Jordy" <djordy at reedbusiness.fr>
> I am using PHP - freeTDS - SQLSERVER 2000 configuration.
>
> My problem is, when i would like to insert or update from php form with
> a special ASCII character like '.', i got in my DataBase ' ?' inserted.

Please post a short, complete TDSDUMP log illustrating the problem.

Your mail refers to '.', which looks like ASCII 0x2E (46).  That's about
as nonspecial as they come.  I suspect the email system mangled your
message, and that you're talking about values in the range of [128-255].
Is that the case.

What are your client and server encodings (character sets)?  What is the
"client charset" in freetds.conf?