[freetds] PHP+MSSQL compile on AIX 5.1

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Thu Jun 24 09:49:14 EDT 2004

Martin, what do those numbers mean?  They're not line numbers:

$ wc -l src/tds/mem.c
    1159 src/tds/mem.c

I'd be happy to fix the sources if I understood where the problems were.

But: there's nothing wrong with '/**' or even '/*********'.  We use '/**' to delineate Doxygen inputs.

The warning is probably about nested comments, e.g.:

/**
 * stuff stuff
 * more stuff /* nested comment */
 */

Most compilers terminate the comment block with the first appearance of '*/', causing a syntax error at the enclosing '*/'.

> After removing these traps things don't look that bad -
> unfortunately I
> don't have any Sybase server at home so I cant' test this build (does
> anyone have a cheap ASE for AIX ?  ;-)

I can give you an account on a 12.5 machine we use for testing.  Remind me at jklowden at schemamania.org if you don't hear from me by Monday.

Regards,