[freetds] ODBC unittests

freddyz77 at tin.it freddyz77 at tin.it
Thu Jun 24 03:05:07 EDT 2004

>Hi (particularly Freddy)
>
>I'm testing some new functionality I've finished.
>
>All my odbc unittests pass apart from these :
>
>odbctest
>--------
>
>connection parameters:
>create table #test_output (id int, msg text)
>failed: num:2 ident:2 sqlreturn:-1
>
>FAIL: convert_error

Yes, this is expected using mssql (it do not occur on Sybase).

>and
>
>odbctest
>--------
>
>connection parameters:
>DROP TABLE TestTransaction
>CREATE TABLE TestTransaction ( value INT )
>DROP PROCEDURE testinsert
>CREATE PROCEDURE testinsert @value INT AS
>INSERT INTO TestTransaction VALUES ( @value )
>SELECT * FROM TestTransaction
>
>DROP PROCEDURE testerror
>CREATE PROCEDURE testerror AS
>SELECT value FROM TestTransaction
>SELECT value / (value-value) FROM TestTransaction
>
>EXEC testinsert 1
>EXEC testinsert 2
>EXEC testerror
>transaction.c:105 error: SQLExecDirect: testerror
>SQL error 24000 -- [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Invalid cursor state
>FAIL: transaction

Not expected however it can be a problem with DM version. I'm testing current
CVS with some platforms using Sourceforge Compile Farm however there seems
to be some issues regard multiple recordset (early versions of both iODBC
and unixODBC fails to reset cursor state returning error instead of success).
Which DM version are you using ?

>Are these  in a broken state already, or have I broken them....?

bye