[freetds] PHP+MSSQL compile on AIX 5.1

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Wed Jun 23 12:19:14 EDT 2004

http://www.freetds.org/userguide/

There shouldn't be anything special about AIX, unless you have ancient build tools.  It's guaranteed to work with GNU, or your money back.

> For a newbie, it gets very
> confusing when I looked through the archives.

I know what you mean.

> I need to connect to MSSQL using PHP 4.3.4
> Currently has PHP 4.3.4, APACHE 1.3.29

We have brief PHP instructions in the User Guide.  Make sure your basic connectivity is working -- with tsql, or isql if you're using ODBC -- before you add FreeTDS to PHP.  See also the advice at http://www.freetds.org/userguide/pagenodata.htm.

HTH.