[freetds] FreeTDS isql ERROR

Frediano Ziglio freddyz77 at tin.it
Wed Jun 16 15:33:35 EDT 2004

Il gio, 2004-06-17 alle 00:52, hany heggy ha scritto:
> hi,
>
> i have installed unixODBC 2.2.9 under AIX 5.1.5 and driver manger works
> fine with DB driver

With which driver unixODBC works well??
Have you tried with a different DB (MySQL, Postgres...) ??

> then finally could install freetds-0.62.3 using:
>
> ./configure --with-unixodbc=/SOFTWARE/unixODBC-2.2.9 --with-tdsver=8.0
> make
> make install
>

> and installed the driver using:
>
> cd freetds/samples
> ./unixodbc.install.sh
>

> then extract libtdsodbc.so.o shared object:
>
> cd /usr/local/lib
> ar -vx libtdsodbc.a

I still don't understand why...

> then configured ODBC files:
>
> odbc.ini , odbcinst.ini and freetds.confg
>
> when i try isql it gives this error:
>
> /usr/local/bin>./isql -v dsnname  user password
> [S1000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
>
> i contacted Nick at unixODBC and he think it is freetds problem
>
> any ideas ??

I don't know if Nick it's right or not however I would enable unixODBC
log just to see if unixODBC it's not able to load FreeTDS library or
another error. I don't understand why you have to extract static
library... which driver did you use to test unixODBC ??