[freetds] dbbind, dbnullbind issues
Thompson, Bill D (London)
bill_d_thompson at ml.com
Tue Jun 15 05:13:03 EDT 2004
I've been wrestling with the features of dbbind and dbnullbind, and trying
to implement something that reflects :
a) what the manual pages say (both Sybase and SQL Server)
b) how the functions work in reality (for which I use a test program
compiled with Sybase open client)
I'm finding a few things in this area that are giving me problems:
1) The manual pages do NOT reflect how the functions actually behave.
2) The actual behaviours don't make much sense sometimes.
I could do several things:
1) code our dblibrary funstions so that they behave as specified in the
2) attempt to reflect the actual (but inconsistent) behaviour of the Sybase
3) code to a different, but clearer and arguably more sensible,
1) has the advantage of clarity, but may lead to problems with applications
originally coded against Sybase open client, e.g. DBD::Sybase
2) is proving a bit difficult, as I'm having problems working out the
underlying logic from the results I'm getting.
3) would lead us down the road of providing our own man pages for the
What do you reckon I should do ?
Merrill Lynch Europe
+44 207 995 8307
For very important information relating to this e-mail please click on this
If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify
the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose,
copy, retain or redistribute it.
Click here for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.
More information about the FreeTDS