[freetds] [Generic Connectivity Using ODBC]Record <table> has no fields. Loading failed

James K. Lowden jklowden at schemamania.org
Mon Jun 14 20:51:21 EDT 2004

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, "Bhavesh Patel" <xooogle at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am running oracle 10 g on Linux.
> On trying to connect to SQL Server 2000, on Windows 2000, I get the
> following error.
>
> SQL> select * from "AllCampus"@rep;
> select * from "AllCampus"@rep
>               *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
> [Generic Connectivity Using ODBC]Record AllCampus has no fields. Loading
>
> failed

If I could see a TDSDUMP log, I'd know at least what the Oracle server is
handing to FreeTDS.

To enable logging with an ODBC-only setup like you're using, I think
you'll have to export TDSDUMP in the Oracle process space before starting
the server.  At least that would be the case if (as I suspect) the Oracle
server is loading the FreeTDS ODBC shared library.

The alternative would be to enable logging in freetds.conf, and use an
ODBC-combined setup (the Servername option in odbc.ini).

A couple of people have reported success using FreeTDS in the way you want
to, so it would seem it can work.  I myself have no experience with the
product.  I can help you only from the driver point of view.

HTH.