[freetds] Is FreeTDS compatible with SQL Server 2000 ( 64-bit) ?

Thompson, Bill D (London) bill_d_thompson at ml.com
Mon Jun 14 11:46:14 EDT 2004

Hi Paul,

Off the top of my head I can't think of anything in the TDS protocol that
might be affected by 64 bit addressability.
In the processing of TEXT datatypes we get get/send something called a "text
pointer", but this is already defined as 16 bytes long anyway...
Can text/image datatypes be potentially larger in the 64-bit version then in
the 32-bit version ?

We'd be very interested in a positive affirmation of Freetds compatibility,
so the best of luck!

Bill

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify
the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose,
copy, retain or redistribute it.

Click here for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.
     <http://www.ml.com/email_terms/>