[freetds] dbbind funny

Lowden, James K LowdenJK at bernstein.com
Thu Jun 10 12:48:22 EDT 2004

Looks like an improvement, Bill.  For fixed types, of course, varlen is ignored.  But, yup, I don't find any documented support for a varlen of -1.  Should be zero.

Thanks for correcting this.

There's another bugaboo in this neighborhood that'd be nice to fix.  When freebcp encounters a data conversion error, its most common message is 20073 (Attempt to bulk-copy a NULL value).  What's happening is that dbconvert() fails, meaning that destlen is 0, causing the "converted" data to be nil, which is then sent to the server.  The server obviously sees zero-length data as null, and complains.  Unless the column is nullable, that is, in which case you, er, merely lose your data.

Don't know if your fixes address anything in this vicinity, but I thought I should mention it.

Regards,