[freetds] problem about freeTDS installing on solaris, help me

ldai ldai at accunettech.com
Thu Jun 10 05:58:28 EDT 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:58:33 +0200, Magnus Bäck wrote
> On Thursday, June 10, 2004 at 07:59 CEST,
>      ldai <ldai at accunettech.com> wrote:
>
> >    I download freetds-stable.tgz to install on solaris 8. Succeeded in
> > installing. When I try to compile test programe on solaris, I get
> > thoes results. I found those messages is about functions which are not
> > been supported by solaris.
>
> They are, but you need to link your program with the correct libraries.
> Specifically, you're missing libsocket and libnsl, so add "-lsocket -
> lnsl" to the linker arguments.
>
> Do not start new threads by replying to old messages in unrelated
> threads. It's not that hard work to start a new message and address
> it correctly.
>
> [...]
Hi:
  Thank your reply so much.
  I add "-lsocket -lnsl" to compile my programe, but I still get serveral
errors.
  This is my compiling command. Is it right? It may succeed in compiling in
linux.
  May you check it for me?

Best regards.
                             Leon
                          9th,June 2004
gcc  -I. -I/usr/local/freetds/include
test.c /usr/local/freetds/lib/libsybdb.a -lm -o test -lsocket -lnsl

libiconv                            /usr/local/freetds/lib/libsybdb.a(iconv.o)
libiconv_open                       /usr/local/freetds/lib/libsybdb.a(iconv.o)
ReleaseIPAddress                    libnextipc.a(f_nip_UpdateDHCPAlloc.o)
libiconv_close                      /usr/local/freetds/lib/libsybdb.a(iconv.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ms_sql
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status