[freetds] state of dbrpcsend()

James K. Lowden jklowden at schemamania.org
Thu Jun 10 00:49:50 EDT 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, liam at inodes.org wrote:
> I've changed the code to call dbrpcparam() twice only but it still fails
> in dbrpcsend(). Again, it never reaches the wire. Given that it doesn't
> touch the wire after dblogin() is called, would it even matter if I had
> my arguments specified incorrectly? It appears something is amiss inside
> dbrpcsend().

OTOH, since the unit test works, we know dbrpcsend() is at least partly
healthy.

You might want to use TDSDUMP to get some more details about what's going
on.  dbrpcsend(), for instance, makes a log entry after its sanity checks.
 If you don't see one, that's an indication that something went awry
earlier.

I don't think you'll see anything on the wire prior to dbrpcsend().  Until
then, it's all allocation and setup.