[freetds] Bug in SQLNumResultCol function

jun_chen at bankone.com jun_chen at bankone.com
Wed Jun 9 16:04:49 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am trying to use unixODBC and freetds for Oracle Generic Connectivity so
that I
can create database links to MS SQL Server in Oracle 10g database.

I can run the unixodbc command isql -v <MS DB Name> <user name> <password>
to connect to the MS SQL Server and run the sql query succssfully select *
from scProblem.
But the same query select * from "scProblem"@msticket doesn't work by
using the database link msticket of the MS SQL server.
Oracle support verified that the configuration of the db link is fine. I
can run the following queries successfully:
1) select * from dual at msticket;
2) select * from all_catalog at msticket;

Oracle support told me the reason that query select * from
"scProblem"@msticket doesn't work is  that known bugs in freetds.
The bugs are:
1)  "describe table scProblem" doesn't work in freetd

2) In SQLNumResultCol function, freetds may return something similar to:

[ODBC][22261][SQLNumResultCols.c][233]
Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
Count = ffbed858 -> 0

instead of returning the real number of rows.

when I run the query select * from "scProblem"@msticket.

Could someone verify that? If so, are there any patches for them?

Thank a lot in advanced.

Jun

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.